The compulsory practical training (6 ECTS) – giving students an opportunity to apply the skills and knowledge acquired in the classroom by working under the direction of a practicing legal professional.
The main objectives of the practical training are:
- to learn about the management and legal activities in the chosen legal organization
- to support the fixation of basic knowledge obtained from theoretical courses at the university, the association ability of theoretical and practical knowledge in work situations, and the ability to use that knowledge in work situations
- to contribute to the implementation of problems in legal rights, to the development of primary practical skills needed in a lawyers work, and to the skill of using this knowledge in practical work
- to shape the ability to solve legal problems in teamwork situations, to develop the sense of responsiblity
During the practical training the student will get to know different spheres in jurist work, more important questions in legal practice, and will learn to carry out simpler and less responsibility required tasks, prepare legal documents and assist the supervisor. The student will analyze main legal questions that he/she faced during practical training. The analyzes will consist of the summary of legislation and legal solutions, the fundamental principles of legal decision-making, and possible solutions for the problems risen from the analyzes and practical training.
Supervision intends to contribute to student’s theoretical knowledge implementation, attitude to practical duties, communication skills towards good social interaction with colleagues.
After completing the practical training, the student:
- will be familiar with the chosen legal practice management and legal activities;
- can apply theoretical knowledge obtained from bachelors level to practical situations and in research;
- is familiar with problems risen from legal practice;
- is able to prepare legal documents and solve legal issues;
- has the skills to solve simpler legal question in teamwork situations requiring skill, initiative and sense of responsibility;
- knows and is familiar with main legal aspects and is able to take into consideration legal, social and ethical aspects in evaluating one’s role and responsibility as a lawyer.